Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pay it Forward



Last weekend, I happened to encounter the blog of the incredibly talented Penelope Neal (go check out her blog, it will make you smile) where she had a great post about paying it forward.

Here is the concept: “Pay it forward” is the idea that random acts of kindness are given without expecting anything in return. It’s passing on a kindness hoping that your recipients will do the same, and forming a never-ending chain of goodwill, that’s what this is about. But it isn’t only kindness, it is also a means to connect and share instead of just keeping it to ourselves.

Here is how it works: You’ll have to comment on this post and the first three people who comment will receive a handmade gift from me within the next few months. But those three people will also have to post the idea on their blog and commit to creating something for the first three people who comment and so on and so forth.

SO, the first three people to comment here will get something handmade by me, but you have to do this on your blog as well. I’ll be reading your blog to make sure that you have posted about your "Pay it Forward!"

9 comments:

  1. I guess I'm the first! I love this kind of stuff and actually participated in an idea Penelope had a few years ago about passing around a journal. Everyone was to do a spread about whatever they wanted, and then pass it along to the next person. It was a cool idea but I think it got lost or something.

    P.S...I am having problems posting my url in your form. It's telling me I have illegal characters..? So I'll post it here:

    Jeralyn - www.5pts-interactive.com/wordpress/
    Anyway, I will be posting this to my blog shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks Jeralyn for participating. I visited your blog - your working is wonderful! That is horrible that the journal was lost, but a really cool idea. I will send you a separate email tomorrow. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho Kristin, how I looove this idea!! And yes, I commit!! I do! I do! (ok now I sound like I am getting married or something.) :) But seriously, I am in for it!! Here is my web site is www.eyecreate.com Now can I post it on my blog on Friday? Have a big illustration deadline for Thursday! Hope so!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, thank you for the compliment on my work :)

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Jeralyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabelle,

    I just posted a comment under the "reach me" of your website. Your work is AMAZING and I am so glad you are participating. Hopefully you got my comment and can send me your email address so that I can send you the details... my email is kristingjack@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin!! Posting on my site NOW!! Sorry I am sooo late!! (A month?? How could I forget to post on my site??) Anyway... mea culpa!! And thank you for your patience and good words on my work! I am linking your site on my post, that's for sure!! :) Have a great day,
    Isabelle-who-has-no-idea-what-to-give-away-yet!!! Maybe hand made pendant of one of my illustration? Could be cool... something to think about anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did!! Here it is: http://www.eyecreate.com/2011/03/pay-it-forward/
    Thanks again for sharing that wonderful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story !
    We are really grateful that you took the time to spread the word about the PIF movement. Thanks to your assistance we will succeed to involve more and more people !
    We will publish a book in a near future called "Your Unique Pay It Forward Story" featuring stories from various authors who "paid it forward". Let's keep in touch!
    Take care‏

    ReplyDelete
  9. What font is this in? I love it

    ReplyDelete