Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh, Crickets


I am not sure what I did to offend the cricket community? I should start off by saying that I love the outdoors. I practically lived outside growing and really did not watch much TV until I was 15-ish.

Because of this, of my favorite sounds are the honking of geese flying overhead, tree frogs and believe it or not, crickets. What I have learned most recently is that I prefer listening to crickets that are a bit further away than say, OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM DOOR!

Seriously. Why did one cricket decide that right outside my bedroom door would be a perfect place to make his home? A home without a bed, because this cricket never sleeps, or maybe he has that restless legs syndrome... And how long is a crickets life span, really? Maybe they procreate really quickly and do not let their cricket babies leave the home.

Please go away, Mr. Cricket. I need sleep. I even left off the little hairs on your legs in my illustration because I thought it looked a bit buggy. I might just have to change my iPhone ring that I selected months ago: Crickets. Is that irony?

1 comment:

  1. i like the colors you used on Mr. Cricket ... sorry he's been annoying you!

    ReplyDelete